- NEW Shop Assistant
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic shop assistant to join our growing team. In this entry level position you will assist shop supervisors, lead technicians, and project managers with a variety of tasks while learning the basics of HVAC, including how to operate machinery. If you are willing to learn new skills, enjoy working with your hands you could be an ideal fit for this shop assistant position.
Shop Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance around the shop, including administrative and technical tasks
- Assist with shop loading and work kit preparation
- Monitor program schedules
- Load and unload delivery trucks
- Stock raw materials in appropriate quantities
- Clean and maintain equipment as directed
- Make sure workers and technicians have the tools necessary to complete their assigned tasks
- Serve as a liaison between manufacturing teams, production control, research and development, and engineering
- Provide assistance to project managers, shop supervisors, and the quality inspection team as needed
- Assist in the prototype development
- Operate equipment such as band saw, cut off saw, belt sander, drill press, disc grinder, punch press
- Utilize precision measuring instruments including calipers, height gages, and micrometers
- Liaison between technicians and office regarding any vehicle issues or maintenance.
Shop Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must Pass Background and Drug Test
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or shop work, including metal or wood shop classes
- Aptitude for mechanics
- Familiarity with hand tools
- Capacity to analyze a situation and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional hand-eye coordination
- Physically capable of standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 70 pounds
- NEW Technician
Seeking skilled technician. Service Plus Is a full service HVAC company and works in maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls and distribution systems. Our technicians provide technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems. May supervise an assigned work crew.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include the Following (other duties may be assigned):
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs heating, air conditioning, boilers and heat pumps.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning heating, and air conditioning systems to determine the cause of the malfunction.
- Performs scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various systems to assure proper system operations.
- Repairs wiring and electronic components associated with automated building management systems.
- Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other component parts.
- Cleans refrigerant systems from hermetic burnouts, evacuates, and charges systems.
- Determines cause of and corrects condensation problems.
- Prepares records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions.
- Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment. Responds to emergency service requests.
- May supervise work of other technicians
- Knowledge of pertinent rules and regulations, guidelines, safety orders, departmental operating procedures and safety regulations sufficient to insure that work is performed in compliance with applicable law.
- Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices (for shop and vehicles).
- Follows safety rules/procedures; avoid known hazards in the work environment. Reviews safety procedures before beginning each job with known hazards.
- Safety first.
- Places avoidance of injury or property damage above all other job requirements.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- May be required to wear some type of respiratory protection in the performance of their duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with five or more years of progressively responsible experience working with complex HVAC systems and equipment including chillers, boilers, package units.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with five or more years of progressively responsible experience working with complex HVAC systems and equipment including chillers, boilers, package units.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plans, sketches, blueprints, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record. EPA certified. GED or Equivalent.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations with tenure
- Salary based on experience
- Retirement Plans